Wednesday 2 November 2011

Vacation without Austin (8 months 3 weeks)

Leaving Austin to go on vacation was extremely hard. The morning we left Austin woke up extremely early for some reason. If Austin did not wake up, I was not going to wake him up. But I was happy he woke up because I spent more time with him. Leaving to go to the airport was the hardest. I did not want Austin to see me upset but it was hard not to cry. When I handed him to Brian so I could walk out the door I was devastated. I could not believe I was doing this. I already missed him and had not even left yet.

My parents took us to the airport so Austin could stay home with my mother in law. Again I did not want Austin to see me upset. When I left my mom, I fell apart again. People at the airport had to think I have never traveled before. I knew Austin was going to be well taken care of but I was going to miss him.

Once at the airport, I was okay. I still thought about Austin all the time but I was ready to have some fun. Once we arrived to Fort Lauderdale, we waited for Melissa and Jonathan to arrive. Then we got on the biggest cruise ship in the world: Allure of the Seas. The ship was amazing! It was by far my favorite cruise ship ever. There was so much to do on board. It had little neighborhoods that were really cool. It was really kids friendly too. I wished we had brought Austin at times.

Brian and I had an excellent week together. It was nice to spend some time together. We love our vacations because we get to spend alone time together. Our lives have always been hectic and with Austin they are even more crazy.

The ports we went to were Haiti, Jamaica, and Cozumel. In Haiti, we just went swimming in the ocean. It was cloudy so we loved it. In Jamaica we went kayaking and climbed up a water fall. The kayak did not have a rudder with made steering really difficult. Climbing the waterfall was amazing! I really enjoyed that. In Cozumel, we did the amazing race with Melissa and Jonathan. I love it! I have always wanted to do the amazing race and this was my opportunity. The best part is we even won!

We really had a great vacation. We missed Austin a lot. The emails and pictures sent to us really helped me feel closer to him. We were really happy to see him at the airport when we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment