Sunday 2 December 2012

Sydney Rolls Over (22 months and 13 weeks)

This was a busy week!  It was my 3 day work week plus I had to go in for 2 hours Wednesday morning.  I love my job but it is a lot of work to get ready for my work days.  I have to get all my pumping supplies ready.  Then make sure the kids have everything for daycare.  Plus pack everyone's lunch.

Sydney has been sleeping until about 4-5 am every night.  She goes to bed around 9-10 pm.  It is so nice!  Usually I fed Sydney when she gets up and am up for the rest of the day.  I have started taking showers at night so it's less to do in the mornings.  After I feed Sydney, I get ready for work.  Austin has been getting up extremely early too.  He use to sleep until 7 am every morning but now he wakes up between 5 - 6:30 am.  We have tried keeping him in bed longer but it does not work well.  We will lay on his bedroom floor and sometimes that appeases him.  Once or twice we have even brought him milk because he tells us he's hungry.  I have tried letting him go down stairs and lay on the couch but he won't stay there (he slowly inches off until he can run and play).  So usually we are just up with him.  Sydney is almost sleeping more consecutive hours than Austin!  How is that possible?

I am getting between 6 - 7 hours of sleep at night.  That is really good for having an infant.  But I am still tired at times.  After work on Wednesday, I did not feel well at all.  I had a knot in my right breast.  When I came home, I was hoping Sydney would fix it but her nursing on it really did not help much.  I needed to take a shower and let the warm water hit it and try and work it out.  It is hard to get a shower in with both kids at home.  Finally Sydney went to sleep and Austin played in his room so I had 5 minutes to shower.  After my shower, Austin was playing on the couch cushions   I was laying next to them.  I had a headache and felt sick to my stomach.  My right breast did not feel any better either.  I took my temperature and had a fever.  Great!

When you are a parent, you never get a day off.  I feel terrible but I still have to take care of Austin and Sydney.  There is not much I can do.  Then someone knocked on our front door.  It was my mom.  I was never so happy to see her.  She had finally gotten better and just decided to come over.  She had no idea I was sick.  She played with Austin and Sydney was sleeping.  I was able to relax for a little bit.


Later on that day I notice my right side of my breast was really red, swollen, hard, and hot.  It was really painful too. I would compare it to labor pains and I think I prefer labor pains.   I knew I had matitis.  I would call the doctor in the morning.  Any movement hurt and, with two kids, I am always moving.  On Thursday, I got an antibiotic and was better by Saturday.  Thank goodness.  I hope never to go though that again.

On Friday November 30, I picked Sydney up at daycare.  The teacher was asking if she had rolled over before and I said no.  I knew the reason she was asking was because she did it at daycare.  I asked if she did and she said yes.  She said a lot of parents get upset because they missed it.  I said yeah I understand why they get upset but with the second child I kind of knew there was a good chance I'd be distracted when it happened anyways.  I figured she would do it at home and I would be chasing Austin around the house and miss it.  I was a little sad I missed it but was okay it with it. I was more excited for Sydney that she is growing and developing so well.  I was so proud of her.  Then Friday night she rolled over again when all of us were there so everyone was happy.  So she rolled over twice in the same day.  Her encore performance was at home for mommy and daddy so we did get to see it for the record books too.

Last night Brian and Austin planted a tree in our back yard.  We need shade in the backyard so Brian bought two trees and planted them.  Austin was really helpful.  Austin loves to do everything Brian does.  Austin even held the flashlight perfectly for Brian when he was planting them.  He started during the day, but then realized they were supposed to soak in water for 5 hours so he couldn't finish until after dark.  Night or day, Austin is a great helper. Our little baby einstein even does dishes (when he's not drinking out of the sink)...



No comments:

Post a Comment