Sunday 12 July 2015

4th of July

The other morning Sydney was insistent that she eat cereal with milk on the couch.  They can have cereal on the couch but not with milk.  She was crying non stop. Austin say her upset and came up with a solution on his own.  He got her baby dolls and the baby doll high chair from upstairs and we were all going to sit at the little table.  Brian was already running late for work but he felt bad for me so he went to get the milk.  The milk jug slipped out of his hands and landed on the floor.  The milk jug split open and milk was everywhere.  It was a a mess!  Sydney continued to cry uncontrollably.  We were not happy.  Brian stayed and cleaned it all up (which required us to pull out the fridge to get underneath it).  Austin was sad he didn't have anymore milk.  Oh what a morning!

The beginning of the summer has been cool and wet.  It rained almost everyday in June.  I haven't minded too much that it's been cool but that doesn't give us much swimming time.  We have been able to get in some Wild Water swimming but not as much as usual.  Hopefully it will warm up.

Sydney doesn't like taking naps.  Many days she will not nap for me.  Or when she does, it takes me over an hour to get her to sleep.  That drives me crazy.  I need that hour to get something done.  So now I let her play in her room if she insists.  She is crankier in the evenings but I can't do it.  Probably in the fall or winter sometime Austin is going to have to give up his naps.  When that happens, she won't be taking naps either.

The Sunday before the 4th of July are always Fairlawn's fireworks.  That is our favorite firework show in the area.  We know where to park and get there and listen to the band.  The kids run around and play with their glow sticks.  Then we watch fireworks.  We had a great night.

The Friday before the 4th I worked.  It was a good day for me to work. Brian and my mom were home with the kids.  They all had a good day.

On the 4th of July, we went to the Stow Parade.  It's may favorite parade.  I always went growing up.  Brian and I found a great place to sit and have been bringing the kids to it for 3 years now.  We get donuts in the morning.  The parade hands out so much candy it's crazy.  The kids really enjoy it.  Then that night, we went to Solon for the fireworks.  Where we watch them, there's a lot of playgrounds around.  The kids love that.  They play on them for an hour before the fireworks show.  We had a great holiday week!

Austin and Sydney have a pretend friend named Sony Pie.  It developed last year at Sesame Place's hotel.  Austin would say that Sony Pie was out in the hallway.  They are interacting with him a little it more.  His name comes up about once a week.  Austin told me that Sony Pie is seeing fireworks after we see the this year.  I had a lot of pretend friends growing up.  It will be interesting to see if Austin and Sydney do too.

The kids played T-ball for the first time this year.  It was difficult for us because of the Cavs games.  I was Austin's coach which was nice for me and Austin but was harder for Brian and poor Sydney would be left alone with her team at times so Brian could get a picture of Austin.  The kids fields were far apart and we were often racing out of there to get to a Cavs game downtown.  I don't think I will do coaching again when both kids are playing at the same time.  They only had 4 games this year because of the rain too.  It has been a very raining summer.  Brian did not mind since he is not a fan of baseball at all, but the kids enjoyed it.



No comments:

Post a Comment