Monday 4 January 2016

Winter Break and New Year's

I worked New Year's Eve.  Brian and the kids were home.  I accidentally took both sets of keys to work with me.  They needed to be at indoor kids play center for a New Year's Eve celebration at 9am.  I got a text around 8:30am asking where his keys were.  I checked and I had both sets.  I had to leave work and bring him keys.  Luckily they made it there in time.  They got to play for an hour and then there was a big balloon drop.  Then they got to play for another hour.

After I got home from work, we had appetizer food for dinner.  The kids liked the mozzarella sticks, pizza rolls, and quesadillas.  We also had potato skins.  Brian set up our old Wii. We haven't played it for several years. I wanted to have it out for something else to do while Brian is in China.  It took a little bit but the kids were able to play bowling.  They also liked playing tennis.  Then it was time for bed.  I had to work New Year's so I went to bed soon after the kids.  Brian was up alone at midnight.

I went to worked New Year's Day too.  After I got home, we took the kids to their first movie at the movie theater.  We saw Alvin and the Chipmunks.  Austin liked it.  Sydney was scared at times especially when they were being chased by the bad guy.  I had to explain to her it was not real.  It was fun for them.

Brian is luckily and has been off from Christmas Eve until the day after New Years.  This year we decided to take a trip to Sesame Place for a day during this break.  We left Monday morning and drove all the way there.  We got there a little after 1:00pm when the park opened.  We stayed all the way till close at 8pm.  The kids rode the rides.  We saw a Christmas show.  They got to see Elmo and Curious George.  We saw the parade twice.  And they rode a little train around the water section of the park.  Austin and Sydney had a great time!  They can't wait to go back in the summer.  It was cold but it wasn't terrible.  It was in the upper 30's.  The kids wore their snow pants so they were warm.  We are very happy we went.

Also during break we went to first Monster's game.  Austin won a monster's hockey shirt at the air show.  He has wanted to go since then.  We got some free tickets so we decided to go.  Austin really liked it.  Sydney just likes to go for the snacks.  She knows she gets fun food while at the Q.  It drives me crazy but it works for us.

Brian took Austin to a Cavs game alone too.  Austin really loves basketball.  It's his favorite sport.  He likes to cheer the Cavs on.  Austin screams so loud he gets T-shirts and balls a lot of the time.  So one night the boys just went.  Sydney and I stayed home and went shopping.  It's so easy to shop with one of the kids.  There is no fighting.  The kids are usually pretty good at the stores but there seems to always be a fight about something or them always touching each other.

It was sad on Monday morning when Brian had to go back to work.  Everyone was sad.  We had great holiday week with him home!


No comments:

Post a Comment