Thursday 3 January 2019

Christmas and New Year's

On Christmas Eve, we went to Mass.  Our friends saved us seats so we even got to sit close for once.  The kids enjoyed Mass with their friends.  After Mass, we went to McDonald's for our annual Christmas Eve dinner.  It works for us.  The kids got a Happy Meal and got to play.  Brian and I chatted for a bit.

My mom came over and spent the night.  The kids cut up a lot of carrots for the reindeer.  They made cookies for Santa.  However as Austin told me at 1am, we forgot to leave out milk this year for Santa.  Santa still was very generous to them.

Austin was up from 4am laying in bed with me waiting for his clock to say 6am.  At 6am, he went to wake up Daddy.  Then he went and got Sydney.  Sydney said "wow that went fast".  They woke up Meemaw then open their presents.

Sydney got a piano, ice cream truck for her dolls, and a camper for her dolls.  Austin got Nintendo Switch with Mario Kart and Odyssey.  Austin also got bey-blades.  At after school care, Austin explained to me that everyone other boy has them except for him.  And he got a car race track that goes upside down.

We had breakfast that morning.  I had breakfast ready but thought it would be best to get our annual photo first.  I had the cinnamon rolls in the oven and I thought I pushed warm button. I later figured out I hit self clean.  So the oven, locked and I was unable to get the cinnamon rolls out until the oven cooled enough.  Austin and Sydney were so sad.  I felt terrible!  Brian was able to get some of the burnt off but they weren't the same.  However they did have lots of cinnamon rolls over break though.

Over break, Brian took the kids skiing while I worked.  They loved it.  We took them to a Monster's game which was fun.  Sydney did some gymnastics camps that she loved.   For New Year's, we went swimming with some friends.  Then they came over for play.  That evening, the kids watched some movies.  Austin stayed awake until midnight.  Sydney fell asleep 20 minutes before midnight.  Brian woke her up at midnight.  She was not impressed.


No comments:

Post a Comment