Thursday 1 November 2012

Happy Halloween (21 months and 9 weeks)

On Saturday, we went to my parents house so Austin could go trick or tricking.  Austin was a duck this time.  I ended up with two costumes that fit him so he has been wearing both of them.  My parents stayed at home with Sydney and Brian and I took Austin around the block.  It did not take him along to figure out how this works.  Many people would let Austin pick a treat.  Austin really liked that.  Austin walked with us the entire time.  Towards the end of the night, Austin ended up on Brian's shoulders (he loves that) but we still had him walk up to each house.  It was a lot of fun and Austin really enjoyed it.  I even let him have some of the candy he got.



Tuesday night Brian and I went to the home homer of the Cavs game.  We love the Cavs and before kids we would watch every game.  We use to have season tickets but after Austin was born we realized we would not be able to go that often.  My parents came up and watched the kids.  This was the first time we left without either kid.  It was kind of weird.  Evenings are the busiest time of the day so I really hate leaving them.  In the evenings, Brian usually takes care of Austin and I take care of Sydney.  It really takes two adults to keep everyone happy.  Brian and I had a great time together.  The Cavs even won which made it even better.

On Wednesday, I took Austin to school for his Halloween party.  There was a parade around the school.  Austin would not let go of my hand the entire time.  He must have been scared by all the people.  Basically every child had a parent there.  This was good to learn in the future.  After the parade the kids had a little party.  There were muffins, donuts, pancakes, and fruit.  Austin kept getting up and helping himself to the donuts.  He would shove them in his mouth and ask for more.  People must have thought I have never fed him before.  I was so happy I was able to attend the party with him.  My mom was nice and stayed with Sydney since she hasn't started day care yet.


Because of Hurricane Sandy, Trick or Treat in our neighborhood has been postponed until Saturday.  There were high winds and lots of rain on Halloween so most communities postponed Trick or Treat until the weekend.  That is good because hopefully it won't be raining then.  We had very high winds because of the hurricane.  Luckily we were not affected too much.  Only some small branches came down.  I was nervous about the storm though.  Before kids, it did not really matter too much to me because it was just Brian and I but now we have them to take care of.  Obviously I want them to be safe and well taken care of.

This weekend, I am going to get my hair done.  It has been a while since I have had it highlighted or cut.  My hair is really long.  I love my long hair but it's not practical with two little kids.  I always have it tied back so you can barely see any of my hair.  Sydney's little fingers get caught in it and that's dangerous since it could cut off her circulation (she gets my hair wrapped pretty tightly around her fingers).  So I am planning on cutting it.  Hopefully I will like it.


This is my last week of maternity leave.  I go back to work on Tuesday.  I have enjoyed my time off with Sydney so much!  With Austin, I was so clueless that it was hard to enjoy it.  But with Sydney I embraced every moment with her especially since I know this will likely be our last child.  I am looking forward to going back to work though.  I enjoy my job and adult interaction.  It will be crazy because I will either be at work or at home with both kids.  I will have to figure out a new routine but I have confidence we will figure it out okay.  We learned a lot from Austin so hopefully it won't be too bad.



It's funny because before Austin we thought we were busy.  We had no clue what busy was.  Then when we had Austin we thought we were really busy.  Again we did not have a clue, because now with Sydney and Austin we are extremely busy.  I can't imagine having more than two kids.   We realized we don't want to be out numbered by kids.

I am going to enjoy my last day home alone with my precious little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment