Monday 21 November 2016

Brian goes to Europe

This has been the year for Brian to travel for work.  It's definitely easier now that the kids are older.  They do help me out a lot and do things for themselves.  Austin and Sydney really miss Brian when he's gone.  I try to make the week a little extra fun to help them with him being gone.

Brian left on Saturday.  We were hoping for Brian to go to basketball to watch Austin play but we realized that he would need to leave in the middle.  That would be too stressful for Austin so Brian didn't go.  The weather was awesome!  So after basketball I took them to safety town park to ride their bikes.  They love doing that.  Then I wanted to make sure they were nice and tired so we we to Sky Zone.  They now love that place.  Austin enjoys dodge ball and basketball.  Sydney likes jumping on the trampoline and foam pit.  We came home, had dinner, and time for bed.

On Sunday, we went to church and then spent time with my parents.  We also made sure we got home early to read lots of books on Sunday night.  We definitely make sure we read 20 minutes a night and a little extra before the school week starts.  Austin and Sydney love going to the library.  They pick out so many books for the week to read.  It's really cool!

Sydney and I did a mommy and yoga class this week while Austin was in school.  And she went with me to get my hair highlighted.  She did such a great job.  We read books, colored, and she watched her Kindle for a bit while waiting for me.  She even got her hair cut.  She also decided she wants to grow out her bangs to look like me.  It's going to be a pain growing them out but I agree no bangs may be better.  We will see.

The kids both had Thanksgiving feasts at school this week.  It was just for kids.  No parents attended.  Austin made a Native American costume at school.  It was cool.  He really enjoyed learning about Thanksgiving.  Sydney realized she doesn't like much of Thanksgiving food.  Austin likes turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie.  He no longer calls whip cream wooden cream.  That makes me sad.  He's growing up!

On Saturday I went to breakfast with my parents and grandfather.  It was something different to do.  Then Austin had basketball.  I took the kids shopping for holiday clothes.  It's amazing Christmas is coming so soon!  I have a ton activities planned this year.   I took the kids to Burger King to play on their playground for dinner.  When we got home, it was snowing.  It was our first snow of the season.  Austin and Sydney were so excited.  They even built a small snowman.   Then we watched a movie and kids fell asleep.  Brian got home about an hour later.  It was great for him to be home!


No comments:

Post a Comment