Saturday 5 November 2016

Halloween

On Tuesday night, Brian and I went to the Cavs season opener.  It was a big deal because it was the banner raising ceremony.  It so happened to be Game 1 of the World Series in Cleveland too.  We were nervous about what time to get down there.  We left our house at 5pm and we were fine.  There was a lot of traffic but luckily we know our way around downtown Cleveland.

We were in our seats for the ceremony.  We were so nervous we would miss it.  It was awesome!  It gave me chills.  I still can't believe the Cavs finally won it all!  It was a fun night together.

On Saturday, we went down to my parents for trick or treating.  The Cavs played that night too.  Austin and Brian decided they wanted to go because it was championship banner give away night.  I took the kids down early.  They did crafts my mom got them.  Then Brian brought a pizza.  We ate.  Then went trick or treating for a bit.  Then came back and the kids handed out candy.  They enjoyed that.  Brian and Austin left for the game.  Sydney went back out trick or treating for a bit before it was over.

Before Halloween, we carve pumpkins.  I cleaned the insides out of the pumpkins.  The kids told Brian what faces they wanted on them.  A cool thing Austin got was a Mr. Potato Head parts for a pumpkin.  He got it by getting 5 stickers at school.  If he clips up two times in a day then he gets a sticker.  Once they get 5 stickers, they get a prize.  He loves it!  He gets a sticker almost every day.

On Sunday, they dressed up for Sunday school.  They got a picture from the teacher which Austin really liked.  In the afternoon, we went to the fire station for their annul firehouse Halloween party.  We rode on a fire truck.  After the fire truck ride, it was the costume contest.  Sydney and Austin were in different age groups this year.  Sydney went first.  She was a cute witch.  Austin group was next.  He was a great mad scientist!  He had a volt meter to measure candy.  Austin won again this year.  It's now two years in a row!  I prepared him that it was possible he would not win and then he said see mommy I knew I would win again.  That kid!

On Monday, Sydney had her Halloween party as her school.  The parade on the outside of the school.  Sydney enjoyed that.  Then we went back into classrooms for the party.  They had lots of fun food snacks. After it was over, I left and got ready for Austin's party.  For Austin's class, parents can only do 1 party a year.  I did Halloween because I knew it worked best with my work and Sydney schedule.  Sydney was able to stay at school that day.  For Austin's party, I made a bingo game for the kids.  Then I had Smarties as the markers of the cards.  The kids loved it.  It was great to see Austin's classroom in more detail.

Monday night was trick or treat at our house. Every year I hang out with Sherry across the street while Brian goes with the kids trick or treating.  Brian has always felt bad going with them since our kids are so much younger.  But this year Brian knew Austin and Sydney could keep up.  And they sure did.  They wore the older kids out!  Everyone had a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment