Saturday 21 October 2017

We have bedrooms

Our bedrooms are finally done!  We were so disappointed after getting back from Disney and not having bedrooms.  However we got them a week later.  After a long week of work and school, Friday night Brian and I worked until after 10pm moving furniture and putting beds together.  It was great to finally sleep in the house together in our own rooms.

Austin was sad the first night. He has always said he never wanted the addition.  However he has enjoyed all the process of the addition from watching the backhoe to sleeping in the camper to buying his lunch every day since we don’t have a kitchen.   He has also been a good helper with Brian doing projects like instillation. 
Sydney loved her new room.  It’s purple and it’s called Magical.  It is so Sydney!  The second night she did not get up until 9am.  She is loving her bed again.  We still need to put up curtains but other than that they rooms are good to go. 

They have been working on our kitchen too.  Every day Brian and I ask ourselves if this is done yet.  We are going on 5 months of this project and over 2 months without a kitchen.  We know we will love it when it’s done but it’s very hard to see that right now.  This has tested Brian and me beyond what we ever expected. We knew it was going to be challenging but really had no idea.

Our house is gross from the dust.  We don’t have carpet anywhere other than bedrooms.  But at least our basic stuff is in our rooms now.  It’s great to go to kid’s room and find what they need. 

Brian has been working a lot with his business and all the house stuff.  Brian is the one who knows how to do things.  I like to organize and put things aware.  I can’t wait for everything to have a place!! 

This week we got counter tops installed.  The kitchen and bathroom look nice!  I really like what we picked out.  Brian thought I was crazy for the white cabinets but I really like them!!   Hopefully I will be able to keep them clean.  I also painted and took out the carpet in my hopeful work office at home.  I hope I will be able to work at home soon! 

They are supposed to start our backyard patio next week.  I am looking forward to that being done as well.  Next year, we will be able to entertain and have friends over.  It will be great!

For our Anniversary, we went to the Cavs game without the kids.  It was a fun night out together.  It was even better we won and beat Kyrie.  We still can’t believe how much the team has changed in a year.  Hopefully they will do well this year. 

Austin is finishing up football and soccer.  They only won one football game but have enjoyed playing.  Austin still likes soccer too.  Sydney’s team has done great with soccer and have won every game so far. Hopefully they will win their last one. Sydney has enjoyed playing as well. I would think she would do it again next year too.


No comments:

Post a Comment