Monday 27 December 2010

Putting things together (35 weeks 2 days)

One would think that our lives would begin to settle down. That has not been the case. We have still be extremely busy getting everything ready for Baby. Last weekend, we went though all of our gifts from the shower and put them all together. First we played with the car seat. It is so cute. Then we (I should say Brian) put the Jeep stroller together. The stroller is awesome. Brian had to even inflate the tires. It has a MP3 player with speakers. The car seat also fits perfectly in it for when Baby is small.

After Brian installed the car seat, I called the fire station to find out when we could have it inspected. Brian took the car there a few days later. Let’s just say that putting in the car seat base was a pain in the butt! Brian had to make sure it fit correctly and it was hard to get it to attach but finally it did. Luckily when Brian had it inspected, it was in there right. We will not be removing the car seat base from the car until Baby grows out of it! It is really nice to have the car seat in the car. (We can officially have the Baby now because we would be able to leave the hospital with Baby).

We started washing all of Baby’s clothes separately. They look so cute in the drawer just waiting for Baby to wear them. I decorated the nursery walls with cute animals decals. Brian even put the toy box together. Everything seems to be going together nicely. We still have a few more things to go though and put away but for the most part we are organized.

Brian has been installing a baby monitoring system in our house. There are 4 cameras. Two are in Baby’s room, one is in the backyard, and one is in the front yard. That was another interesting challenge. Brian ran all the wires though the attic and also installed a new power outlet for it too. I really did not do anything with it. The camera will be really nice to have. We can be watching TV in our living room and see Baby’s room live with picture and picture on the TV. Plus our family can see it from their house too over the internet. It is really nice!

We also decided on a pediatrician. It is right down the street from us. Plus they are open 365 days a year. That is really nice because if Baby is sick, we want to be able to take him/her to the doctors soon. We liked the pediatrician and are glad we are done with that.

We also attended baby basic class. It was a 3 hour class at the hospital. We learned about changing diapers, bathing, swaddling, and sleeping habits. It was a good class to take. We got to practice on Cabbage Patch dolls. I have a feeling Baby is going to be a bit more challenging. They will also offer a class again before leaving the hospital. It will be nice to feel prepared.

I have been feeling okay. I am starting to be more tired again though! I really could nap everyday but that does not happen except on the weekends. I have gained about 25 pounds. My doctor says everything looks good though. I am starting to feel more uncomfortable. I also now have acid reflux. I really don’t care for that, but what can I do? It is especially bad in the evenings. I have also stopped wearing heels to work. I can no longer run all around the hospital in heels. I continue to do my Bradley Method exercises and try to relax as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment