Saturday 6 October 2012

Sydney's One Month Check Up (5 weeks)

Monday was the first day that I had Austin and Sydney all day home with me without any help.  I have been so lucky to have the support of my parents, mother in law, sister in law, and brother Dean that has allowed me to go 5 weeks before having to take care of two kids all day long.  Also Austin has continued to go to daycare on my normal work days.  That has worked out great for me.   This has allowed me time with Sydney and to adjust to the post postpartum phase.  Plus Austin enjoys daycare and he learns so much there.   (I was a single mom for 3 days when Brian went to California so I have spent many hours alone with them but on the those days I had some help throughout the day).

Austin has been great for me when we are home alone with Sydney.  He really likes being a big brother and helping out.  He tells me where he wants Sydney and also tries to help carry her with me.  It is very cute.  I couldn't be happier with him.  When I am feeding Sydney, Austin and I will either read books together or I let him watch You Tube videos of "The Wheels on the Bus".  Austin is obsessed with buses right now.  He loves seeing them when we drive.  Bus is definitely his favorite word right now.

Last Friday, Austin said is first sentence.  We were asking him where are your shoes and he said "I don't know".  Brian and I looked at each other and said did he just say what we think he said.  Then we asked him other questions and he always used the sentence appropriately.  It was very exciting.  Austin is talking so much more now.  He says at least 20-25 words now.  It's so fun to listen to him.

On Tuesday, I took Sydney for her one month check up.  She now weights 9 lb 12 oz.  She is growing so fast.  It kind of makes me sad that she is growing so fast. Sydney is mostly likely our last child.  We are very happy with our family.  When I had Austin, I always knew I would probably have another baby.  But now, I know this is probably it for me.  I really cherish the time to hold her and spend time with her.  On my days with her, I can easily hold her for an hour.  Holding a baby, especially one that is as sweet as Sydney, is a wonderful thing.  I really love it!

The doctor said everything looks good with Sydney.  He is not concerned about anything.  We can now go 5 hours without waking her up to eat.  That is awesome since she will sleep 5 hours at night.  With a new baby you don't get much sleep, however Sydney loves to sleep.  Despite this, previously we have had to wake her up every 2-3 hours to eat.  But now we can go 5 hours.  Since she was born, I have not got more than 3 hours of sleep at a time.  That becomes difficult but now I can get 4-5 hours.  Oh I am so happy!  I really can't complain because she sleeps so much I am able to get sleep too even if it is in small segments.



Wednesday I took Austin and Sydney to the park so Austin could play on the playground.  There was no one else there which worked out nicely.  Austin played for about 30 minutes   It was nice because I played with Austin and Sydney just slept in her carrier.  When we went to leave, Austin ran away from me but quickly realized I meant business and walked back to the car with us.  It was great.  I was worried how I was going to get him in the car while having Sydney if he would not listen but luckily I did not have to experience that.  Austin has been really good!

I am so grateful for my children.  They are so amazing!  I look at Austin and can't believe everything he knows and does.  Time is going by so fast.  I can't believe he is 20 months already.  He has turned into a little boy so quickly.   And Sydney is a great baby.  She really is a sweet girl.  She doesn't cry much and loves to be held.  I couldn't be more blessed!




No comments:

Post a Comment