Saturday 29 September 2012

Sydney's Baptism (4 weeks and 20 months)

The weekend of Sydney's Baptism was a little crazy.  Brian got home from his business trip on Thursday.  So we were still recovering from that.  Then we had about 20 people coming to our house on Sunday for the Baptism.  Our house is not that big.  We were hoping to have it outside like we did for Austin's however the weather did not cooperate for that.  We had to set up our house inside for all of our guests.

Our house is not really ever dirty, but it can get cluttered and messy because of Austin.  We have a lot of toys!! And Austin is always finding something and playing with it and leaving it somewhere.  Brian and I spent most of Saturday de-cluttering our house.  We moved toys so they were out of the way.  When we were finished our house looked nice.  It was weird seeing our house basically like it was back in our pre-kid days.

Sunday morning was again crazy.  Austin and I went to pick up a deli tray.  When I got it, it appeared small to me.  So I ran to another store and got a big can of chili.  My biggest fear with guests is running out of food.  I made sure that did not happen.  While driving to the other store, Brian called me to let me know I left my credit card at the previous store and they had called him.  I was not happy.  I really did not have time for this.  So we had to go pick up my credit card too!

Once we got home, I really wanted Austin to take a nap.  It was going to be a busy day for him so a nap was much needed.  We fed him lunch and put him down for his nap by 11:30am.  Mass was at noon.  Brian stayed at home with Austin and I took Sydney to church.  Once we got to church Sydney decided she was not happy.  We ended up in the cry room throughout Mass.  Finally she fell asleep.

The Baptism was very nice.  Melissa was Sydney's godmother and Dean her godfather.  It was very nice of them to come up for this.  Many family members attended which made it special.  It was so nice to see everyone that we don't get to see regularly. Sydney really did not wake up throughout the ceremony.  After it was over, everyone came to our house for lunch.

Again everything turned out really nice.  We had enough food.  Thank goodness!   Lauren made Sydney's cake and it was wonderful!  People seemed to enjoy themselves.  All of our hard work to get our house ready paid off.  We were so grateful that so many people attended Sydney's special day.

Dean stayed in town until Wednesday.  It was great spending more time with him.  He came up on Monday and spent the day with me.  With both kids, I don't get out of the house that much.  It's not like I don't leave the house but it is much more challenging to do it so I usually don't.  When I have visitors, it is wonderful.  Dean and Austin played all day long.  Austin had so much fun with Uncle Dean!  It is nice for Austin to have someone else to play with.

It is hard to believe that Sydney is a month old already.  Everything is going pretty well and we are so grateful.  Austin loves his baby sister.  He likes to help take care of her.  It is really sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment