Thursday 22 July 2010

Announcements to Family (12 weeks 4 days)

We told my parents on Saturday morning. They came over to help with the yard and before we started we gave them the picture. My dad got it right away but he did not say anything. It took my mom a while. In fact she handed the card back to me initially and said yeah that looks nice. Dad said I don’t think you get it Carrie. Then we even told her there are really three people in the picture. She hesitated and then said, no I only see two! The last clue was: Where is Brian's hand? Then she got it. Boy was she excited! She quickly screamed You're Pregnant! However she is not allowed to tell anyone and it is driving her crazy. She will have to wait about a week.

Next we told Brian’s mom and Mike on Sunday. They came over after spending the day with Mike’s family. It was convenient that they were in town and we were able to move up our doctor's appointment so we could notify them in person instead of by mail as we had originally thought we would. Carol got it right away. She was excited but did not really say much. On Monday, she took us to JoAnn fabrics to pick out material for baby’s blanket. That was a lot of fun. Baby’s room theme right now is monkeys. I think that is really cute idea.

On Monday night, we went to see Grandma and Gramps. Before dinner we showed them the card. Grandma got it right away. They were excited. They even started calling us “mom” and “dad”. That is scary! I am sure it is pretty cool for them to be great grandparents.

We started mailing our postcards to my brothers and Melissa. Melissa got hers today. She called both of us but we did not answer until we got off work. We wanted to talk to her together. Melissa surprised us the most. She is one of the most excited. We could not believe it. We did not how she was going to react. A lot has changed with our relationship since they have moved down to South Carolina. We knew it would but she was sincerely excited about baby. She was already talking about the baby shower and trying to come up around the birth. It was really great to hear her excitement. We are still a little sad because they live so far away but it is what it is and we will just see what happens.

We have not heard from anyone else yet. Brian and I told our bosses this week so at least they know too. Kathleen was supportive of me which was nice. My job is still really stressful and it is wearing me out but what can I do. Brian has been great helping out around the house.

We are still trying to clean our home room by room. We are organizing everything and throwing a lot of junk away. We now have the office and our bedroom done. The downstairs bedroom is basically done until we move the spare bedroom down there. We have to start cleaning out baby’s room so we can go buy furniture. I am excited about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment