Sunday 11 July 2010

Back from Vacation (11 weeks)

We are back from Bermuda. We had a nice relaxing vacation. While on the ship, our dinner table mates were also pregnant. They were about 2 weeks behind us. It was nice to talk to them about our experiences and their experiences. We told them we are pregnant because we knew we would never see them again (remember our families still do not know). It was really nice to talk to someone else about this experience. We have also complained in the past about table assignments on cruise ships. We have been seated with people that are 2 generations apart from us or that don't even speak the same language. It was nice to get lucky this time and be seated with someone who is basically in the same situation as we are.

We went to the doctor again today. Originally our appointment was for July 19 but I continue to have on and off spotting and I was getting nervous so I had the appt changed. I was still under the impression that it would be my second prenatal visit but they did not share that expectation. The office people at the desk are not the best. So when we went to see the nurse, she asked why we were there and I explained. She said it could not be the second prenatal visit because the technicians needed for the ultrasound were not there. After a long discussion we decided to leave. Half way home Dr Grossman called me. We ended up driving back and we saw him which was good. We got a lot of our questions answered about first trimester screening tests. We have decided to have the first trimester screening done to test for downs, spinal bifida, and Trisomy 18. They will take blood work and ultrasound which is now scheduled for Wednesday. It will be nice to have peace of mind.

At the doctors office today, we got to hear baby’s heart beat. It was very exciting! I am 11 weeks today! Dr Grossman did an exam and everything seems to be looking good. We are planning to go to another appointment on Wednesday for more tests then we will start telling people this weekend! Oh people are going to be excited. I cannot wait to go print our postcards to send it to our family.

I am starting to feel better. Less nausea and not as tired as I was for a while. I think I am nauseous only probably 20% of the time now. There for a while it was more like 80% of the time. Right now though I always seem to be hungry. I usually have a lot of fruits and vegetables to snack on. I still have not gained any weight though which I am okay with.

No comments:

Post a Comment