Monday 16 August 2010

Construction in baby's room (16 weeks 2 days)

Brian somehow figured out there was no insulation under the window in one spot in baby's room. So he tried to insulate it with "Great Stuff" by drilling a hole and spraying it in. Well that did not work too well. It expanded too much and cracked the drywall. He said he knew that might happen, but the alternative was to take down the drywall anyway so it was worth a shot. He tore out the piece of drywall, put in new insulation, and replaced it. Since he does not want me to inhale anything, the room has been closed off and he has been doing all the work in there without air conditioning. It has been so hot! It has been in the 90's for about a week now. I feel bad for him. At least now, baby's room will be nicely insulated.

My stomach is beginning to grow. I am 16 weeks and 2 days. Some people cannot believe I am am this far along, but trust me I feel like it. My stomach seems pretty big to me. I actually went shopping for maternity clothes and I am wearing some of them just because they are comfortable. I do not want anything tight fitting right now especially since it is so hot!

I am still feeling much better without nausea and vomiting. I am still tired more than usual but other than that I am pretty much back to normal except a little bigger.

Auntie Melissa - We loved your comments!

Also Melissa is convinced that baby is a girl. However we have not officially found that out nor do we plan to! Brian says that you should only trust Melissa if you believe in witch doctors, sourcery, and Harry Potter. He contends that Melissa believes in all three.

2 comments:

  1. Muggles...... just wait until baby Mattie and I watch the entire Harry Potter series together. I am going to make fun of both of you soooo bad when she arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am waiting for another update from baby Mattie!

    ReplyDelete