Sunday 15 August 2010

The tests results are in... (16 weeks 1 day)

I had to work yesterday (Saturday) and Brian was at home. When I got home he told me that he had good news and bad news. The bad news is that he stayed up late last night and wasn't able to sleep in this morning because somebody called at 8am. The good news was the call was from the doctor's office. The bloodwork results were back. Everything was normal. Our baby does not have any chromosome defects. This concludes the initial screening tests and everything came back okay. We were both so relieved and happy.

Brian worked on projects around the house today including fixing up the Christmas lights. When I got home from work, my parents came over and we went out to dinner. I got 2 free Indians tickets from work, so I bought 2 more so my parents could go with us. They like baseball more than we do. It was fireworks night after the game, so that made up for the Indians poor performance and 9-3 loss against Seattle. The 2010 Rock'n'Blast fireworks are absolutely phenomenal. It is a 30 minute show synchronized to music. We all really enjoyed it.

2 comments:

  1. Love the BLOG! I think it should be retitled Baby Mattie's Blog.

    Brian that crib you are building for Mattie is a little disturbing. I can't believe you want her to sleep on concrete :)

    I still don't see any baby bump pictures!!!!!

    Your Auntie Melissa loves you baby Mattie. And always remember that just because your parents question your gender your Auntie never did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and the floating baby in the globe in the upper right hand corner kind of freaks me out.

    ReplyDelete