Sunday 19 September 2010

Melissa in Town (21 weeks 1 day)

Friday was Brian’s birthday. Happy Birthday Daddy to be! His sister Melissa came up for the weekend. That was really nice of her. My dad was nice enough to drive to Pittsburgh to pick her up from the airport. Melissa, Laura (Melissa’s BFF), my parents, and Brian and I all went to dinner Friday night. It was a lot of fun. Melissa is always so entertaining. She no longer talks to me. She talks to my stomach to baby Mattie. Melissa is still so excited about this baby.

While we were at dinner, my dad saw a woman who had a T-shirt that said Mattie’s Mom on it. So Melissa, asked the women if we could please take a picture of the shirt. Only Melissa! I think Brian had a great birthday with all of us.

Yesterday I had a family dinner for Brian’s birthday. We got to show everyone the ultrasound pictures. Many had already seen them on the blog, but Gramma and Gramps had not since they don't have a computer. I made hot coca cupcakes. It was a new recipe. They were hard to get out of the pan and that stressed me out a little bit. I enjoy cooking and when things don’t go well I feel bad. Brian stepped in and helped and it worked out okay. Despite the mess and effort, they were pretty good in the end.

Also before people came over, Brian and I worked on packing. He leaves today for Boston for a work conference. I am glad that he does not travel much for work. We will be apart for 3 days so it will not be too bad but it is different for both of us. While packing, we had to see if I could fit into any of my formal dresses for our Panama canal cruise that starts next week. None of them fit me anymore. I was upset about that too, but I what can I do? Luckily I have some informal summer dresses that still fit okay. My mom also got me some maternity clothes from a woman she works with. They were in really good shape and very nice. I now have several pairs of nice pants and a few extra shirts. It was exciting.

Melissa and Laura came over early to help with dinner. They helped decorate the cupcakes and clean up the kitchen. Also they had to see baby Mattie’s room and ended playing around with some pregnancy clothes and contraptions I had been given by other people. They liked the room so far. We do not have the crib set up yet. Also my sample blinds came in so I let them decide on which color to order. Melissa got to put an outfit she got for the baby in the dresser. It is really cute. She also got Mattie a monkey that I just love!

Grandma, Gramps, and my parents all came over for dinner too. I made lasagna. It was really yummy. I cannot get enough Italian food right now! Everyone also liked the cupcakes. It was a great night. Melissa even made sure I rested while she cleaned up the kitchen. That was sweet of her.

The only thing was I had a severe headache all day. I usually do not get headaches. I know I can take Tylenol but choose not to. Luckily this morning my headache is barely there. Yesterday it was pretty severe.

We have to finish getting Brian ready for his trip. I will be taking him to the airport in a couple of hours. It will be weird without him here but at least I get to go see him in Boston in 3 days!

1 comment:

  1. Baby Mattie,
    You are going to look so cute in your I heart my auntie onesie. Make sure you are nice to mommy while on the cruise and remind her to get me a panama canal shot glass! I will be back to see you in 1 month so make sure you get nice and big by then!
    Love, your Auntie Melissa
    P.S. Tell your mommy I said hi!

    ReplyDelete