Friday 24 September 2010

Start of Vacation (21 weeks 6 days)

We have had a Panama Canal cruise booked since the first of the year. When we found out we were pregnant, we had to decide if we wanted to go. Initially there was the whole issue of if I would be allowed to travel and safety concerns related to it. A woman cannot be on a cruise ship after 24 weeks. Well I made it by one day, so we were allowed to go (I will be 23 weeks and 6 days on the last day of the cruise)! It was really complicated for NCL to let us know if we could go. Because several months ago talking to NCL stressed me out, Brain handled it. After talking with my doctor, we decided that we wanted to go on one last big vacation before baby.

Things got a little complicated with Brian having to go to Boston for work before our vacation. He left on Sunday and I met him in Boston on Wednesday. Being pregnant and getting everything together for vacation takes a lot of work but I handled it okay. I had to get him ready by Sunday then I had to do it all again for me for Wednesday. I missed Brian a lot but managed. It was great to reconnect with him on Wednesday in Boston. I was more emotional than usual with Brian gone. I know pregnancy had something to do with it too.

I am still at the stage that it is not completely obvious to people that I am pregnant. People that know me know that I am pregnant because I look so different. However to strangers I may just look fat. So with traveling, I did not get any help from people. The taxi driver did not even get my suitcase out of the truck of the car. My suitcase weighed 50 pounds and I got it out myself!

While in Boston, Brian and I walked around the city a lot. When had to use the subway at times because I could not walk anymore. My legs get tired easily and I am still getting the round ligament pains. I would have to sit to take breaks too. I do not want to overdo anything either so I am being cautious. Last thing I want is something to happen to baby while we are traveling. So my most important priority is taking care of baby.

Eating has been a challenge while traveling. We flew to the west coast last night. There is a 3 hour time change so that messed up my body and eating cycles. It is hard to eat healthy and frequently while traveling. I know soon I am getting on a cruise so I will have endless supply of food. That could be good or bad. I know I have to watch what I eat or I’ll gain too much weight too fast. I have not gained any more weight for 2 weeks now. I am exercising more right now because I feel so good recently.

Baby has been active recently. This morning while Brian and I were laying in bed I felt baby. I put Brian’s hand on my stomach and he got to feel baby for the first time this morning. It was really cool. I am sure it is harder for Brian because he does not get to feel baby like I do.

We are getting ready to board our cruise ship. Brian and I are going to relax and have fun. I plan to update both of my blogs.

2 comments:

  1. Baby Mattie should have helped you lift that heavy suitcase. Wear tighter clothing they will know you are definately pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we can see who gets completely neglected first when on vacation... baby Mattie. Don't worry Amy you can show her that her blog wasn't important enough to update while on vacation.
    Your auntie cares baby Mattie, your auntie cares!

    ReplyDelete