Friday 12 November 2010

Baby Shower Invitations (28 weeks 6 days)

This week I got the invitations to my baby shower in the mail. Melissa ordered extremely cute baby shower invitations. I love them!!! I want to cut the monkey out and just hang it on the wall it is so cute. At first, I think people thought I was crazy by going with a monkey theme but now I think people are realizing it is a good theme.

When I got the invitation in the mail it was addressed to me and Miss Baby Mattie. I thought that was a cute touch too. Melissa is really going all out for this baby. I am also getting really excited about having our baby. I cannot wait to meet him or her (okay I guess I can wait because we want baby to get big and healthy before being born).

Also the girls at work are throwing me a baby shower too. I got that invitation this week as well. I thought that was extremely nice of them to do this. I work with really great people. On many days work is stressful but the people I work with are wonderful.

Thinking of work, I have a major job decision to make this weekend. There is an opportunity for me to advance my career and I have to decide if I am going to apply for it. This has been a very difficult decision for me and I still don’t know what I am going to do. Being pregnant makes this decision very hard. That is all I am able to say about it for now. (I am very emotional about this).

We have been blessed with this baby which we are both so grateful. Therefore we need to make decisions that are best for the baby not necessarily us anymore. There are no guarantees in life. Getting pregnant is truly a miracle. Having this baby inside me has made this so real. There are a lot of couples that are unable to get pregnant. My heart goes out to them because having a baby is the best gift in the world.

We got advice from a couple on our cruise ship to enjoy each stage that your baby/child is in because it will go fast and you never know if you will be blessed with this opportunity again. You don't want to wish it away (e.g. I can't wait until they sleep all night; I can't wait until they can talk; I can't wait until they are potty trained, etc.) We are taking that advice to heart. We would like to have more children someday but the only thing we know for sure is we have this baby now. We are going to treasure every moment. Even with being pregnant, I am enjoying it as much as possible.


Also this week, Brian made me homemade applesauce. It was so good! He cut up all the apples and created his own recipe. I told him he now he has to make it once a week. I think my favorite food during this pregnancy is applesauce. When I get up in the middle night hungry I eat applesauce. I cannot get enough applesauce. I also like apple juice too.

We went to the doctors on Monday. He said everything looks really good. No issues with my blood pressure or anything. My glucose test came back fine too. I have gained 18-19 pounds. I did not gain much weight last month but he said that is okay because it will catch up to me. All the weight is in my stomach. My belly button is going to pop out soon and I am not happy about that! For the most part I feel pretty good. I am tired but that is to be expected. I am working a lot plus we have something to do every night of the week (day care tours, Cavs games, doctors appointments, birthing class, etc).

We toured a local daycare this week too. We liked it but I think we are still leaning towards KinderCare. We have 4 more daycares to see then hopefully we will make a decision.

I am still really enjoying our Bradley classes. They are very informative. It is also nice bonding time between Brian and I. Last night, we had to answer questions from a card that was handed out. My question was what is my biggest fear during this pregnancy. It was when I was spotting so much early on. Brian’s question was how the pregnancy has changed our relationship. He said that the focus is now on having a baby and being parents and how we are going to adjust to it. We have been married for 6 years so we are comfortable with our routines and the life we have made together. Baby is going to change things a lot and we are trying to get prepared for it.

The weather has been perfect this week for November. The highs have been in the 60s with mostly sunny skies. We have been putting up our Christmas lights this week. We hope to have them all up by tomorrow. That will be impressive if we get that accomplished too!

No comments:

Post a Comment