Sunday 28 November 2010

Braxton-Hicks (31 weeks 1 day)

Last Sunday night, I developed some Braxton-Hicks contractions which are basically fake or practice contractions. I knew they were Braxton-Hicks because there was no pattern to them and they did go away once I changed activity. They were a little painful for me but they went away by Monday evening. I have been active and may have over did it at the rec center on Sunday so that may have contributed to some of my abdominal pain.

Also this past week, we finished touring daycares. We ended up touring 8 total. There is one near my work and one near Brian’s work that we like. This week we are going back to both of them and hopefully making a decision. It will be nice to have our daycare figured out.

Thursday was Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving. Brian’s mom came up for Thanksgiving which was great. We went to Grandma and Gramp’s house in the morning to visit them along with Carol and Mike. Then we went to my parent’s house for dinner. Grandma and Gramps also came to dinner with us which was wonderful. We had a nice dinner. I have so much to be grateful for this year. This baby is the greatest gift ever. It was a really nice day visiting family.

Friday morning, we got up early to go out shopping with all the other crazy people. We were out by 4:45am. There was not anything that we really wanted but we figured this may be our last year to be able to do this so we did. Its kind of fun to be shopping on Black Friday morning. We came home around 6:30am and then went back to bed. It was great that we could do that too. Sometimes I have to work on Black Friday so I would go shopping then go to work but this year, I went back to bed.

Carol, Mike, Grandma, and Gramps came over for dinner Friday evening. It was the first time they got to see baby’s room basically all finished. Baby seems real when you go into his/her room and see everything all set up and waiting. Everyone is getting really excited!

I am starting to feel more tired again at this stage of pregnancy. I have been trying to rest as much as possible. I am able to sleep better with all my pillows around me now however I get up every 2-3 hours to go to the bathroom. That makes things a little challenging but I am doing okay. I am also starting to get severe leg cramps especially at night. The best way to deal with them is to stand up and walk it off. It hurts but it goes away quickly. All and all everything seems to be going along very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment