Sunday 10 July 2011

Baptism (24 Weeks)

On July 3, 2011 Austin got Baptized. We had about 25 people who attended. The mass was at noon. Then he got baptized after mass at 1:00pm. Austin slept all though mass. We could not believe it. We woke Austin up after mass. It was a nice ceremony. Melissa is Austin’s godmother and Dean (my brother) is Austin’s godfather. My brothers, Dean and Donnie, and their families came up from Texas to spend a week visiting Ohio and for Austin’s baptism.


I was so happy to see my brothers and their families. They live in Texas so we usually only see them once a year. Dean was up in March so he met Austin. However Dean’s wife, Karen, and Donnie’s wife, Cheri, and son, Zach got to meet Austin for the first time on Sunday. Everyone loved Austin.


After the baptism, we had a picnic at our house. It was a beautiful day. Austin enjoyed everyone playing with him. He was so good all day! It was nice to spend time with family all day long. It was a perfect day! In addition to my brothers from Texas, Brian's mom and sister were in from South Carolina. Other family members from the surrounding area also joined us. It was nice to see everyone.




Donnie, Cheri, Zach, Dean, and Karen were in town until Friday so we spend as much time as possible with them. Monday was the 4th of July. Most years we attend the parade however because of the sirens we decided not to take Austin and stayed home. I was kind of sad we did not go but it was better for him that we stayed home. We went to my parents house in the afternoon for a cookout. It was another great family day.



On Thursday, Brian and I were both off work. We wanted to spend time with everyone before they all went home. We decided to go to the zoo. I love the zoo. When Melissa and I went we were only there a few hours. On Thursday, we were there most of the day. I think we saw everything. Austin did not like being in his stroller. Aunt Cheri was so nice and carried him most of the day. I don’t know how she did it because he is heavy. Austin now weights 19.2lb. Everyone had fun at the zoo, especially Austin.









After the zoo, we went out for family dinner. We went to Outback. Brian and I have never been there before. It was pretty good. Austin slept though the first half of dinner. Then he was up and played with everyone. After dinner we had to say good bye. It was sad because I know we won’t see them for a while. Hopefully we will be able to make a trip down there soon.

The last two weeks have been great with all of our family in town. Now that everyone is back home we are getting back into a routine. Things have been extremely crazy for us over the past few months. I was working full time since going back to work. That was extremely hard. Then we decided I should be working part time but Brian had to go to China. Once Brian got back from China we were busy with the baptism and visiting with family. Now it’s time for us to get back to our new normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment