Monday 4 October 2010

Vacation (23 weeks 1 day)

I am writing this post right now because Auntie Melissa thinks I have stopped caring about baby because I have only been updating the travel blog. In my defense, I have mentioned baby a lot throughout my travel blog.

I was thinking I would blog more while on this trip however to be honest I have been lazy. A full day excursion about wears me out so baby and I are resting on our days off. We really enjoy our daily naps! Baby has been more active recently. I feel him/her at least once a day. Usually once baby gets moving, I feel him/her on and off for about 5 minutes. Brian has felt baby on a few occasions too throughout the trip.

We had a lot of reservations about this trip. Should we go? Is baby going to be okay? How will I feel? But we are really glad we took this trip. I have felt good except a little tried here and there. Baby seems to enjoy it too since he/she is more active these days.

I have been able to stay active with is great. We have gone kayaking and mild white water rafting and I have felt fine. I have had no pain. I have not felt like I was unable to do it at anytime. I want to stay active for myself. I do eat a lot these days so just being a couch potato would not be good for anyone.

On the cruise ship, we saw the cutest baby outfit ever! I think it is so adorable. We have not decided yet if we are going to get it though. It is a little expensive for one outfit but it is funny.

I don’t think I have gotten much bigger. It is hard because I have not weighed myself since I left home. I wear maternity clothes now so of course all of my clothes will still fit. That is such a great feeling. I may have gained a few more pounds but nothing too significant. Some people still cannot even tell I am pregnant!

Auntie Melissa: What is baby Mattie going to call you? It may be awhile before he/she can say Auntie Melissa?

1 comment:

  1. I border line was not even going to check the baby blog until you got back but I am glad to see that little miss baby Mattie has become a priority. I think you should buy the outfit. You can always reuse it for baby #2.

    I will have to think about what baby Mattie will call me. Jonathan can be uncle JJ, maybe auntie Mella for me.....

    ReplyDelete