Wednesday 20 October 2010

Crib Assembly (25 weeks 4 days)

I am feeling better from my UTI. That was not fun but at least I am better now. I have even been able to sleep in bed all night long for the last 5 days. Sleeping in our bed has been a challenge because either I was sick and I did not want to wake Brian up with all my moving around or I hadn’t learned how to sleep on my side yet so I would end up on the couch in the middle of the night.

This weekend was our 6 year anniversary. Unfortunately we did not have our scheduled date night on Friday night because I was so exhausted from working! We did go out to the Cavs game Saturday night which was fun. We always enjoy going up to the Q. We still planning on going out to a movie soon but have not scheduled it yet. The matinee showing is at 3:55 and recently neither of us have been getting out of work early enough to pull that off.


On Sunday, we put the crib together. We have heard horror stories about assembling cribs but luckily it went smoothly for us. Brian is an engineer so one would think he could put a crib together, and he did without any difficulty. I basically just sat there and only helped when needed. It was fun and scary to put it together. It made baby seem more real. With just new dressers in the bedroom, it could be setup for anyone. However the crib is definitely for our baby!



After putting the crib together we realized we hate the closet doors in baby’s room. We were going to replace them in a few years but decided Sunday night they were getting replaced this week. Monday we went to Home Depot and bought new mirror sliding doors like we have on all the other closets. Brian put them up Monday night. I would have pictures of Brian putting them up however I had a little melt down.

Last week, work was the week from hell. This weekend we were very busy doing many little things so I did not have much time to relax. When Monday came around, I was done! Brian needed my help holding the top panel for the closet doors so he could screw it in. I could barely reach it. (Which I expected Brian to know that since I am short and usually cannot reach anything high). Finally we got me a stool to stand on, then I had to hold it for what seemed forever to me. My arms were sore from exercising on Sunday. (I am still lifting weights weekly). Plus my body is adjusting to carrying an extra 15 pounds on it all the time! It is not easy being pregnant. (I am not complaining but it’s definitely different than what I expected). Finally I told Brian to hurry up and he could tell I did not want any part of this. So he sent me downstairs to relax on the couch. Therefore I did not take any pictures. Sorry!

This weekend Brian’s cousin is getting married. We are going to the wedding on Friday. Melissa and Jonathan are coming up for the wedding too. My dad is going to pick them up tomorrow at the airport. It will be fun to see all of Brian and Melissa’s Dad’s side of the family. We know his dad would be excited about our baby. It’s sad that he is no longer with us but we know he’s watching over us everyday.

It is going to be another busy weekend for baby and I. We really do not know how to relax much these days. All this craziness is preparing us for once baby is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment