Saturday 22 January 2011

Early First Stage Labor (39 weeks)

Last night we went and got Brian's haircut and went out to dinner at Parasons in Stow. We knew that this might be our last time out without baby.

Once we got home, we tried to get everything ready because we were convinced that we may be going to the hospital in the middle of the night. I spent most of the night on the couch with contractions. Brian tried to go to bed early too in case we had to get up to go to the hospital. He had a hard time getting to sleep because of all the excitement but finally did and got some sleep. I had to get up to go to the bathroom about every hour, but I did manage to get some sleep so that's good.

Last night I also lost my mucus plug. My water hadn't broken yet, so I kept an extra blanket on the couch where I was sleeping just in case. Around 3am I noticed my underwear was wet, but I couldn't tell if it was related to the mucus plug or because my water broke. My underwear has been damp all day and I have changed them 3 times. I'm still not sure if my water broke yet.

While in the bathroom, I noticed the ceiling dripping down stairs. There was some type of a leak so Brian took apart the bathroom closet up stairs to investigate. It wasn't anything major fortunately.

This morning when I got up I went downstairs and got our birthing ball. It was more comfortable to sit on it. My contractions have been very sporadic overnight. Right now it is around 2pm. I called the doctor just a few minutes ago. My contractions are still between 6-11 minutes apart, but I don't know if my water broke. That's the only thing that concerns us. He said to watch for any signs of wetness from my water breaking and to go to the hospital if that happens or the contractions get closer than 5 minutes.

We've been timing them and they are starting to get closer together. The closest was now about 3 minutes apart. It's 2:25 PM right now. The contractions are the weirdest thing because they are such intense pain for a short time. When you're not having one though, you feel just fine. We will keep an eye on them and probably go to the hospital later today. I am debating going to the store so I can walk around. It is very cold outside. Last night's low was -1 degrees and it is only 15 degrees so walking outside isn't an option. I think I'm just going to walk around the house for a little bit and see how it goes. I'm using an app on my droid phone to time the contractions with Brian's help.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment