Thursday 23 August 2012

Brian is Sick (40 weeks and 3 days)

On Tuesday, Brian developed a cough and little sore throat.  By Wednesday night it was really bad.  He could not talk and his throat was killing him.   This is not good timing for this.  We are more concerned than usual just because I can go into labor any minute.  Brian even went to an urgent care center on Wednesday night to get examined.  The good news is he does not have pneumonia or strep throat.  The bad news is he can't talk and coughs constantly.  They said it was a virus.  We are just hoping this goes away soon!

On Wednesday, I started feeling increased pressure and pain.  At one point I was wondering if they were real contractions.  It feels like she is just pushing herself out!  It is a weird feeling.  Last night she was moving like crazy in my stomach and Brian even got video.  I don't remember these types of feelings with Austin.  I still get severe shooting pains down my leg.  It's awful.


On Wednesday, I decided that I was done working.  I keep thinking that I am going to have her soon and I don't want to go into labor exhausted.  I worked on Tuesday and finished everything I needed to do.  However when I got home on Tuesday I felt terrible.  My feet were swollen like crazy. I only wear flip flops when I am at home because no other shoes really fit.  But I can't wear flip flops to work.   I was tired and achy.    

I am so ready to have little baby Sydney however I guess it may be a good thing she is waiting longer so Brian can get better.  Brian is suppose to be my labor coach.  This could be interesting if he can't talk and coughs constantly.




No comments:

Post a Comment