Friday 24 August 2012

The Start of Labor...Maybe? (40 weeks and 4 days)

Today I went back to the doctor for a check up.  They did another fetal stress test and everything looked good.  I am now about 4 cm.  So I am making some progress but nothing too significant yet.    I have to go back to the doctors on Tuesday if I still have not had her yet.  I think I am going to have her before then.

Brian is still sick.  He went to our family doctor this morning.  They diagnosised him with acute sinusitis and did place him on an antibiotic given the circumstances.  His appointment was at the same time mine was so he did not go to mine.  However because he is so sick we are avoiding each other so I don't get sick.  Last night we went for a walk around the block like we normally do but its weird because Brian can't talk.  Luckily Austin did most of the talking.  Brian was up most of the night coughing.  I really wish he would get better soon!


This morning I woke up around 6:30am (to Brian coughing).  However I did sleep well most of the night.  I got ready for the day and Austin got up around 8am.  Brian had locked himself in our bedroom with a fan blowing germs out the window so he does not get me sick.  Austin was not happy with that.  So Brian came out and said hi to Austin.  I got Austin all ready.  Right before we were leaving the house I had to go to bathroom.  I had some GI upset.  Could this be a sign I am going into labor?  Maybe?  Then I took Austin to school.  His new daycare is going well.  I really like that it is right down the street.  They do some fun activities and Austin is getting better at not crying when I leave.  I came home quickly before my doctors appointment and realized I forgot to give Austin his antibiotic.  Argh!  I was not happy so I ran back to daycare and gave him his medication.  Brian offered to do it but since he is so sick he needs to stay away from the daycare.  Then I went straight to my doctors appointment.  They always do a urine test and before I even got out of the bathroom they were calling me back.  I had my blood pressure taken and I was worried that was going to be high but it was not.  Thank goodness.  I really don't want to be induced.

I have been resting today.  Yesterday I did more housework but today I am cramping and with my GI upset I am not moving far from the couch.  I did finish addressing all the envelopes for Sydney's birth announcement.  I figured I should take advantage of this opportunity to get as much done as possible.

We will wait and see what night brings!





No comments:

Post a Comment