Thursday 16 August 2012

Start of Labor (39.5 weeks)

Today is Thursday August 16th and I am starting so show signs of early labor.  Yesterday afternoon Austin and I were running around the backyard.  It was a nice day.  Then Austin decided he needed to be carried up the hill.  I carried him up the hill which was somewhat difficult being 9 months pregnant after chasing him around the yard for 15 minutes.  Then all of a sudden I felt nauseous, lightheaded, tired, and cramping.  We came inside and I rested for a bit.  After dinner, I felt better.

Last night was kind of rough.  I had cramping and difficult time getting comfortable.  I was only able to sleep in our bed for about 15-20 minutes before I had to come down to the couch.  The couch is so much more comfortable for me.  I had cramping on and off all night.  I wake up about every 2 hours to pee.  Some times I can go back to sleep and other times it takes me about an hour.  I was up from 430am-530am just not feeling well.  When I finally fell back asleep, my alarm clock went off.  When I got up my stomach hurt a lot.  I had diarrhea.  It makes me think this is it, since this happened a day or two before Austin was born too.  The start of labor is now.  I took a shower to try to feel better.  While in the shower, I decided that I was not going to work today.

Part of me really wanted to work today and then be done.  But the other part of me was not going to be happy if I really go into labor tonight and I go into it exhausted.  When I had Austin I had a really good laboring expereince, I am really hoping for the same with Sydney if not better.  So it's important for me to rest and stay hydrated.  I love water right now.  That is odd because usually when I am pregnant I am not a big fan of water but right now it tastes good. The bad part is that makes me pee more.

This morning Brian went to work.  I took Austin to daycare so I could rest all day.  Daycare is having a pizza party so Austin should have a fun day there.  I want to get some basic housework in order and rest.  Those are my goals for the day.

Right now I am thinking I will probably deliver either Friday or Saturday.  Anything can change but I am going by my experience with Austin.  The bad part is my doctor is out of town until Saturday.  And I am not really sure he would take calls this weekend either.  I guess we will see what happens.

The cramping is annoying and painful but I am not having anything predictable yet.  I am going to take a nap on the couch now and wait to see what baby Sydney would like to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment